Developing the new Responsive Framework for Downtown.dk, you can see the progress on Heroku, I use Sinatra, Sprockets, Sass, HAML, Susy Semantic Grid, Compass etc.
If you need to change the layout on any Magento CMS and you wondering where the layout files is located, then you could get help by enabling the template path hints.
System > Configuration > Developer > Template Path Hints.
Just keep in mind that you must first choose the current configuration scope, or else you wouldn’t see the template path hints dropdown-box.
If for any reason you can’t see the template paths, then disable cache, and empty the allowed ips.
|—||Dorothy Day (1897 - 1980), The Long Loneliness, 1952|
Because I can use the language both in the backend and frontend. Beside that their is plenty of libraries and frameworks that I can choose between.
- I can use it on the server (nodejs, expressjs, restify, hapijs, etc)
- I can use it in the browser (angularjs, backbone, prototype, jquery, jquery mobile, etc)
- I can use it to develop cross mobile app for ios, android etc. (phonegap, phonejs, kendoui, etc.)
- It’s a prototype language “NOT OOP” and you can mixin methods, you can extend, create dynamic methods, you can execute object method in another context.
and it’s of course the most misunderstood language :-)
Allot of developers choose to add class methods by using self definition.
class User def self.blah return nil end end
I find it difficult to maintain class methods when you add many on different places inside the class, so instead of doing this, you should think about thing it like this.
class User class << self def blah return nil end end end
Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you’re being miserable.
Error: Could not get: file:///…/Hello.app/www/show.html
To get push running with local files you need to modify the xhr status
You need to replace line 274 in ratchet.js
if (xhr.readyState == 4) xhr.status == 200 ? success(xhr, options) : failure(options.url)
if (xhr.readyState == 4) xhr.status == 200 || (xhr.status == 0 && options.url.indexOf('file:///') != -1) ? success(xhr, options) : failure(options.url);
Then you are done!
Here is few different UI Framework for PhoneGap that you can use, for faster UI development.
Full support for the new iOS 7 look and feel.
The same people that started developing twitter bootstrap.
CSS for clean and fast web apps
It doesn’t mean adding more servers!
It doesn’t only mean caching your object/views etc.!
Here is things to consider:
- Optimize code / optimize your queryies
- Check your database design / add indexes
- Compress your images
- Move rendering to browser if you can (SPA/API)
- Configure your server/database correctly
- In the end you can start caching your objects, files, etc.